Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving is coming!

Well, I have been getting ready for Thanksgiving over the past couple of days.  It seems like there are fewer events this week because of the holiday.  I guess that everybody will be eating of shopping on Thursday and Friday!  Well, hopefully people will still go shopping despite the economy.  I have been trying to find information on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, but I haven't really found anything about a live webcast.  I did find this article from last year which notes that there are a lot of Americans living abroad who would probably be interested in watching the parade live. The Earthcam website will provide webcam coverage of parade. For lyvegyde though, we are not looking for webcam coverage - we are looking for actual event coverage.  Apparently last year, the camera lenses were blurred with raindrops.  Also, the webcam coverage would not provide the commentary provided by the parade announcers.  Anyways, hopefully next year there will be an actual webcast, or at least, maybe closer to Thanksgiving this year, CNN Live will provide a link...we'll see!

I have a lot to be thankful for this year, as every year, and I have been so saddened by the stories about Abraham Briggs.  Please take time to read the New York Times article about him.  It is a tragic waste of a human life and the most horrendous use of live online video that I can imagine.  I have been thinking about what to say about this, but all that I can say is that my thoughts are with his family and I hope that this never happens again.

No comments: