Friday, January 9, 2009

Inauguration - CNN & Facebook

I am happy because I have finally been finding some information about inaugural webcasts.  I figured that CNN Live would have coverage, but they announced that they will be teaming up with facebook for the inauguration.  The CNN Live coverage will incorporate facebook status updates on the same page.  When you go to the CNN Live website, it says to go to facebook.com/cnn to RSVP for this, so I went ahead and RSVP'd yesterday.  The RSVP process was a tiny bit confusing because it has a large graphic arrow pointing to a small event link, but once you click on it you can find the RSVP option.  I RSVP'd and it showed up on my facebook page, but then I received an email at 12:16 yesterday saying that Chrissy Blaisdell canceled the event!  I have no idea what that was all about!  I tried again today though and it seemed to work, so hopefully the webcast will work smoothly on inauguration day.

No comments: