Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Inauguration Busy-ness!

Well, it has gotten quite busy at lyvegyde due to the upcoming inauguration.  I've been working on gathering links for inaugural webcasts and I've been coming up with quite a few, even though as usual, details are very difficult to find!  I've found articles mentioning that the following sources will have live online coverage - CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, C-SPAN, ABC News, Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies, LINKlive (inaugural gala at the Corcoran), and the Presidential Inaugural Committee (Neighborhood Ball with Barack Obama).  Some details I have have to "guesstimate" for lyvegyde based on information I have found.  

I've found some other references to webcasts, but without details, so I will keep my eye on them. Here's what I've found:

2009 Heroes Red, White and Blue Ball - trying to webcast it - looking for sponsor - will be webcast on Pentagon Channel, but not enough information to tell if this will be live

Radio One - link to a live broadcast and "watch it here," but no details

HBO We are One special - Concert on January 18 in DC - found a reference that they would like to webcast it, but have not found any details - that would be great though, since Bruce Springsteen will be there!! 

Anyways, I'm still on the lookout!

Also, it has gotten very busy with confirmation hearings this week.  I had links to 5 live hearings earlier today, but unfortunately, CNN Live interrupted coverage of one to show a press conference instead. Anyways, there are four going on now, including Hillary Clinton!

1 comment:

Lisa Nielsen said...

Mary, thank you for commenting on my blog post about Inauguration lesson ideas for innovative educators. I'd love to add more details about your site to my post as it relates to how educators can use it. If you are interested, please post another comment indicating how educators can use your site and I will incorporate it into my post.

Lisa Nielsen
Educating Innovatively at
http://theinnovativeeducator.blogspot.com